Denise Goldberg's blog

Circles, parks, & funny birds
Wandering in Downeast Maine

Monday, June 26, 2006

Pictures, more pictures!

I think it's possible that my cameras were a little out of control on this short 4-day trip. (Oh, you're right, that was me that was out of control with the cameras!) Before I weeded out the bad shots, I had over 600 photos. Editing allowed me to delete about 100 of them - but that's still quite a few pictures. There are a good sampling of pictures embedded in this journal, but there are more in my smugmug galleries. (No, there certainly aren't 500 pictures in my galleries - I spent quite a bit of time selecting the photos to be uploaded.)

The top level gallery is available here.

I've split the photos into four galleries, and I've included the individual links here just in case you want to go directly to a gallery: You can click through the pictures in my smugmug gallery, or you can simply click the slideshow button (in each gallery) and let them scroll. Which camera? Two cameras accompanied me on this trip - my Canon S400 (Digital Elph) which is a small point-and-shoot camera, and my Canon Digital Rebel XT (SLR) with a 18-125 zoom lens. While I thought I would want the macro lens for the SLR, I left it home - figuring that I wouldn't want to be changing lenses outside in less than nice weather conditions, and assuming that I could make some use of the macro on the S400. No, the macro on the little camera is not the same, but I believe it was the right decision for this trip. But which camera took the picture that I am looking at? You can easily tell which camera took the picture if you are looking at my smugmug galleries. If you look under the picture, the camera that took the picture is identified. The picture is only in this journal? Well, it's possible to identify the camera here too, it's just a little more subtle. The aspect ratio of the pictures is different - while most digital cameras use an aspect ration of 4:3, digital SLRs match 35mm cameras with an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can see an example of this by looking at the two pictures below. The first was taken with the SLR, and the second with the Digital Elph.