Denise Goldberg's blog

Circles, parks, & funny birds
Wandering in Downeast Maine

Friday, June 23, 2006

Photos: Schoodic Peninsula



Oh look - the sky is much brighter than it has been, and the roads are dry. Time to ride around the Schoodic Peninsula!

Yes, the bike looks a little lopsided. I used a single pannier to carry a pair of sandals (for wandering across rocks, much preferable to my cycling shoes) and rain jacket. And the TailRider (the rack pack) provides a safe home for my camera. That's where Rover rides too, along with snack food. I could have stuffed everything in either of the two bags, but it was so much easier having 2 partially filled bags. And really - I had so little weight in the pannier that the bike felt normal (as opposed to lopsided).



Soon after I started down the road - another one-way road, by the way - the fog rolled in. I would have been happier with a clear photo of these birds, but I have to include it anyway to show you the interesting weather conditions I encounterd!











Rover insisted that I include this picture of him. He said the photo with him perched on the back of the bike was a good shot but he wanted to be the focus of a picture.



Can you tell I like these flowers? I'm really fascinated that they seem to thrive so well in rock! (Yes, I know, there's dirt in there too...)